Bhakarwadi is a traditional Maharashtrian snack, crispy, tangy in a desi style.
Enjoy it with tea.
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Makes around 30-35 small bhakarwadi depends on the size.
Ingredients required for making Aloo Bhakadwadi
|Maida/ All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Sooji/ Rawa||¼ cup|
|Ajwain Seeds (Omam)||1 teaspoon|
|Water (lukewarm)||1 cup (for kneading)|
|Oil||2 tablespoon (to add in the dough)|
|Oil/Refined||4-5 cups (for deep frying)|
|Boiled and mashed potatoes||1 ½ cup|
|Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
|Amchoor Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Gram Flour||4 tablespoon|
Step by step recipe for making Aloo Bhakadwadi.
- Add flour, refined, ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then add water little by little and make stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes. Knead again to form smooth dough.
- Make the filling mixture, mix all the ingredients together except gram flour.
- Now take kadai and fry gram flour till it raw smell goes off and then potato mixture and fry it for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
- Now, Smear your palm with little oil.
- Take a big lemon sized dough and roll into a big roti. .
- Now spread potato mixture all over it and roll it with the filling into a cylindrical shape.
- Cut the roll into pieces of around 1 inches each.
- Heat required oil in kadai and hot it. Now simmer the gas.
- Now add bhakarwadi in the batches of 7-8 and deep fry on low flame till golden yellow in colour.
- Drain on a tissue and serve it hot and crispy.
Tips for making Aloo Bhakadwadi:
Instead of potato mixture,
- You can fill the moong daal mixture or,
- you can fill the moong daal namkeen also