vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in vitamins. This crunchy, crispy and easy to make palak ke pakode will be healthy and tasty snack. Nice to have it with tea specially in winters.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Preparation Time:15 min
Total Time: 25 min
|Fresh Spinach leaves (Palak ke Patte)||9-10 leaves|
|Potato (boiled)||3 medium sized|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||2 cup|
|Turmeric Powder (Haldi)||2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||2 teaspoon|
|Amchoor Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Green chilli (finely chopped)||2-3|
|Red Chilli Powder||To taste|
|Ajwain Seeds (Omam)||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||2 teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Oil||1 tablespoon + for deep frying|
- Wash the palak leaves, clean it and wipe out with cloth. Kepp aside the fresh leaves.
- Mash potato and add turmeric powder, amchoor powder, green chilli, red chilli powder, roasted cumin, garam masala, salt and coriander leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
- Make a thick batter of gram flour with little water. Add turmeric powder, amchoor powder, green chilli, red chilli powder, ajwain, garam masala, salt. Mix it well. (Batter should be thick in consistency)
- Take a spinach leaf and spread a thin layer of besan batter followed by potato mixture and cover it with another spinach leaf. (It’s a kind of a sandwich consisting of two spinach leaves with besan batter and potato mixture filling between them)
- Now roll that sandwich very gently.
- Now add little water in the gram flour batter to make a smooth batter.
- Heat required oil in kadai and hot it. Now simmer the gas.
- Dip the rolled sandwich in the smooth batter of gram flour.
- Now add this in the batches of 1-2 and deep fry on medium flame till it changes the colour to golden-yellow.
- Serve hot with green chutney and have it with tea and coffee in winters.
- While making smooth batter of besan, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and hot oil in it to make the pakodas crispy.