Manchurian is an indo-chinese recipe which is easy to make and very yummy. It has many varieties like vegetable manchurian, gobi manchurian, dry manchurian etc. It is made from finely minced vegetables, coated with corn flour/ all-purpose flour and deep fried, then dipped in a tangy and spicy soy sauce.
Cooking Time: 20 min
Preparation Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
FOR MANCHURIAN BALLS
|Cabbage (Grated)||1/2 medium sized|
|Cauliflower (Grated)||1 medium sized|
|Garlic cloves (chopped)||3-4|
|Corn Flour||2 tablespoon|
|All purpose flour (maida)||5 tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Oil||For deep frying|
FOR THE SAUCE
|Garlic Cloves (lehsun)||3-4|
|Ginger (chopped)||2 tablespoon|
|Onion (finely chopped)||3 medim sized|
|Green chillies (chopped)||2|
|Vegetable stock or water||1 1/2 cup|
|Cornflour mixed with 1 cup of water||1 tablespoon|
|White Vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Spring Onions Green(chopped)||1 cup|
|Sugar (its not for sweetness, for cut the sourness of soyasauce)||1/2 teaspoon|
Method for Manchurian Balls
- Mix salt in the cauliflower and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the cauliflower (keep this water for sauce).
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok for deep frying the balls.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the balls and add little water if required.
- Divide the mixture into 15-20 balls of small sizes.
- Add the balls in the batches of 5-6 and deep fry on medium flame till it gets dark brown (not burnt).
- Remove from oil and drain on an absorbent paper.
Method for the Sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the onion, garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion greens followed by vegetable stock (or water), cornflour paste, salt, sugar, soyasauce and vinegar and simmer the gas.
Method for Serving
- Just before serving, put the fried manchurian in the sauce and bring it to boil for few minutes.
- Serve hot
- Add some water or vegetable stock to thin down the sauce if it is too thick.
- You can add beans also in manchurian sauce.