How to make Nankhatai at home
Step by Step recipe for making Nankhatai
- ½ cup Ghee around 100 Grams
- 1 cup Maida
- ½ cup Besan
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Sooji
- 1 Pinch Salt Use as per taste
- ¾ Tsp Baking powder Optional
- In a large bowl, take semisolid ghee and sugar. Using your hand,start to mix both the ingredients until the color turns from yellow to cream in color.
- Sieve maida, besan and sooji and pinch of salt in the above mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Keep the dough in the refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes.
- Now line the baking tray with parchment /butter paper.
- Pinch medium to large sized balls from the dough. Lightly roll them in your palms.
- Place them in a baking tray. Keep some space between them as they expand while baking.
- Make some criss-cross designs on the nankhatai with a fork.
- Place kharbooja giri (soaked in milk) on top.
- Bake the nankhatai in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) for 20 to 25 mins till light golden or golden. Since oven temperatures vary, it may take less or more time. So do keep a check.
- Let it cool completely at room temperature.
- Store the nankhati in an air-tight container.